There’s no getting around the changing weather in Middletown, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your SchagrinGAS Company pro drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Middletown. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the experts at SchagrinGAS Company a call at 302-231-1380 to start saving a little more today.