Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Middletown is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While SchagrinGAS Company constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call SchagrinGAS Company in Middletown at 302-231-1380 today.