Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Middletown are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from SchagrinGAS Company in Middletown can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 302-231-1380 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.