During the cold Middletown months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to SchagrinGAS Company will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call SchagrinGAS Company ASAP if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from SchagrinGAS Company can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call SchagrinGAS Company at 302-231-1380 or arrange an appointment with us online.