In Middletown you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace fix-up
visit any day. As a minimum, you could have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some signs for you to search for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like SchagrinGAS Company, if you notice any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Indications related to your blower could suggest a bit of a problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running at top volume or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a obstructed condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call SchagrinGAS Company at 302-231-1380 when you need to setup repairs or routine maintenance.