As warmer weather rolls around, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Middletown? Particularly if your cooling equipment is up-to-date or was working good last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to schedule any work for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system examined annually by a SchagrinGAS Company expert can help spot little issues before they lead to major meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call an expert to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to elevated energy consumption—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine small problems before they become major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly inspect components and carry out a set of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they create major issues that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is prepped to give worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and pieces:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with SchagrinGAS Company
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our SchagrinGAS Company pros a ring at 302-231-1380 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching service.