As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold swiftly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 302-231-1380 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving SchagrinGAS Company in Middletown a call at 302-231-1380. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.