With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly increase your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your SchagrinGAS Company expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system operating at its best for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the team at SchagrinGAS Company a call at 302-231-1380.