Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Middletown during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at SchagrinGAS Company will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call SchagrinGAS Company at 302-231-1380 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.