Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for regular tune-ups, such as oil changes or inspecting probable problems, your home comfort system should be subject to the same kind of attention. Scheduled maintenance by a professional technician provides various benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems work efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
Reach out to SchagrinGAS Company at 302-231-1380 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating enables the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Approximately 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, permitting your two-stage unit to work for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also provide more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, increased air filtration and energy efficiency.
SchagrinGAS Company has a variety of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the best match for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, running similar to cruise control to make small adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. You can reach us at 302-231-1380 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a variety of differences. Furnaces today are developed to offer more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to integrate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers offer your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call SchagrinGAS Company for the efficiency standards for Middletown.
SchagrinGAS Company offers a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help cut back the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from choosing products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives ongoing maintenance by a trained expert can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you need when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on utility costs.
SchagrinGAS Company is well-known in the Middletown area and you can rely on them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to giving customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the appropriate solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to enhance IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least once a week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We offer products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the technicians at SchagrinGAS Company and have them perform an evaluation of your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Many homeowners believe that air conditioners make the air in your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from inside your home, moving the hot air outside. That hot air goes across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing the heat outside. This process continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temperature you set on your thermostat.
Due to the increasing amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) hiked up the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined regionally and carry varying requirements based on your location. SchagrinGAS Company can help answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're in the market for a replacement system.
These numbers are located on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker is white with black letters and have both of these numbers located near the top of the sticker. M/N signifies model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a handful of ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to choose a system is by having your local SchagrinGAS Company technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a number of other factors.
The short answer is Yes, because dirt and other debris can hinder your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also feature defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its warmest, the high setting is used, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting gets the job done.
Typically, the lower setting is able to take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a number of reasons why it could be doing so. The most typical reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can change as a homeowner, but the others need to be fixed by a professional like those at SchagrinGAS Company. Contact them at 302-231-1380 with any additional questions.
Picking the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a great variety of choices from SchagrinGAS Company. Whether you're searching for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a number of thermostats that you have to pick from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the team at SchagrinGAS Company will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a tad confusing due to their name, but they actually cover both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it works like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and might produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we suggest you also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a complete system, efficiency might be affected.
- As with a lot of products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These developments most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also involve improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than todays models. Adding a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with improved comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system could send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You should visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most locations, rain will be enough to keep the solar modules clean. If you are located in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water may help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to clean solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. SchagrinGAS Company sells programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC systems. View our available products or contact us at 302-231-1380 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a significant amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from SchagrinGAS Company can help lower these costs. If you're searching for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the greater the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, don't forget about these additional factors:
- Is your system regularly maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Could your home use a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Have you installed a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the the comfort of sectioning areas of your house and control the thermostat differently in each area. Zoning tends to be best for when you have spaces of your home that are seldom used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of the perfect temperature for the house. Zoning systems are almost noiseless and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your family home. Learn more about the zoning systems available from SchagrinGAS Company.